Community Friends Frequently Asked Questions

Community Friends have one or more student(s) for one semester or year. MIFP asks Community Friends to spend time with their students at least once a month.   

Typically a Community Friend is assigned a student at the beginning of the semester.

MIFP primarily communicates with Community Friends via email. 

Please refer the student to the Office of International Students and Scholars. This office has staff who are trained to handle these issues.

Please have the student to seek medical assistance from the University of Montana’s Curry Health Center or a local hospital.

MIFP always welcomes your generous support. Here are examples of how you can help MIFP:

  • Encourage your friends and neighbors to become MIFP Community Friends
  • Donate items to the MIFP annual silent auction (MIFP's major fundraising event at the International Festival). Items should be donated before the festival.
  • Help sponsor MIFP events and international student activities. Please see Support MIFP